Every inspection report follows the Wisconsin Standards of Practice and features detailed findings on each area of the house such as:
• Structural elements: Construction of visible foundation, evidence of sagging or bowing of the structure, and window alignment.
• Safety: Operating smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, condition of stairs, hand and guardrails, garage door openers, trip hazards, presence of GFCI outlets, and other safety considerations.
• Grounds: Landscaping that affects drainage and condition of the house's driveways, sidewalks, decks, and patios.
• Roof: Condition of a variety of roofing materials, any repairs/patches to flat roofs, and inspection of vents, chimneys, flashings, and gutters.
• Exterior: Clearance between ground and siding material, condition of exterior paint or siding, trim, windows, testing of lights and electrical outlets, electrical service entrance, A/C condenser unit.
• Attic: Sufficient insulation, proper ventilation, roof structure, and any sign of leaking or water damage.
• Interior plumbing: Drain and supply plumbing, as well as functioning toilets, sinks, bathtubs, and showers.
• Electrical system: Condition and type of visible wiring,service panel, outlets, light fixtures, and fans.
• Appliances: If appliances are included in sale - test function of stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, washer and dryer, and all other applicable appliances.
• Heating and cooling systems: Condition of furnace, air conditioning (temperature permitting), water heater, chimney, supplemental heating systems, fireplace and visible chimney components.
• Basement: Foundation(cracks,bowing etc.), walls, and floors,water seepage, drainage system.
• Garage: Floor, windows, structure, firewall and roof; garage door and opener; electrical system; and testing of outlets.
The Triad Inspection only reports on components of the home that are observable and readily accessible to the typical homeowner.
Triad Home Inspection recommends an internal inspection of the sewer lateral by a qualified technician and an inspection of the chimney (A level II chimney inspection) by a certified chimney sweep prior to purchasing a property. Inspecting these systems may provide additional information about their condition that cannot be observed by a home inspector.
© 2019 Triad Home Inspection - All Rights Reserved.